8th July 2019

With buildings insurance, part of your premium is based on what it would cost to rebuild your home from scratch if it were to be destroyed by perils like fire or flood. If your property is constructed largely from materials such as timber, concrete or straw, rather than the more traditional bricks and tiles or slate, then some insurers consider it as ‘non-standard’.

Happily, this doesn’t mean that you can’t get insurance, rather that you’ll need to find a more specialised insurer. We can help you find the right deal for your property.